Saturday, May 06, 2006

I'll take this, and that...

But you have to take the other. It's a set. (George Carlin)

Rubbah Slippah Mystery

"It's always tease, tease, tease." -- The Clash

Forty-two days until I fly to Hawaii!!

Give to me your leather; I'll give you my lace.

It was meant to be. The Monday after I got the lovely yarn I read in Franklin's blog that he was contributing to an online symposium on lace knitting put on by the online knitting community Knitting Beyond the Hebrides . Lace! Oh I was there! And sure enough for 5 days I was following the articles, patterns, and tips of the Lace Extravaganza. Not only was there an essay from Franklin but there were also interviews with Sharon Miller (the designer of the Princess Shawl) and Meg Swanson, articles on Orenburg Lace, Russian Lace, and charting, and contests and a sudoku puzzle. I printed out everything because there was so much information. Check it out if you're going to do lace. I don't know how long it's going to be up so go there now!

Ninety-nine balls of yarn in my stash, ninety-nine balls of yarn

This week, I took a little time away from the RSM to work on other projects. I made some progress on the Vine Lace Scarf in Suri Merino.

And some progress on the Great Adirondack scarf. Nummy!

No comments: