Friday, August 24, 2007

Gearing up

It's hard to believe that next week is the last week of August. My August was going to be lazy and quiet, seizing moments where I could just sit and read or knit whatever I pleased. It didn't exactly turn out that way. An experiment turned into a potential pattern for sale so I've been busy putting that together. Then I got yarn from Judy Ditmore so the pencil, paper, and needles have been busy thinking up patterns for her. I got a call from the chorus' director asking if I would be able to sing with the chorus' small group Influence this Saturday so I lost a weekend to chorus rehearsal last week. I know; I could have said 'no' but how often does one get chosen to sing in the auditioned part of the chorus? I'm thinking it as my audition for the coming season *grin*. Ray gave me the music for the upcoming Tour and holiday concerts for copying, so tonight will be spent with Mr Kinko and his chunking machines. So the summertime lazy days are over for me. While it will be sad to not have those days, I can look forward to my favorite time of year coming up: early fall in Oregon.

I joined Ravelry July 4th (it must have been too much potato salad putting me in a carbohydrate stupor). I'm in the lower 3000's now and word is they're getting ready to load in servers that will be chucking out invites like spam. I had thought of loading in my stash but I'm going to wait until I have a good feel for the site to see if I need to take that time to do it. Perhaps just the labeled items. I have anonymous stash yarns gifted from me that will stay off for certain. It'll be nice to be able to hunt for patterns for them though. What do you do with a hurkin' big hank of handspun that looks like bricks lightly brushed with frost? Or another that looks like a pale child with measles?

No comments: