Saturday, August 04, 2007

And now: your letters

Thank you everyone for your positive response on the socks. M-H writes "Er, Duffy, I don't think that age has anything to do with the brightness of your socks! I wear bright coloured socks all the time, and I'm quite a bit older than you." You're right. It's not age. I figured out what it is about the multi-dyed sock yarns that I don't like and it's the striping that the yarns do. (I have short wide feet and chunky ankles) When broken up with a different yarn, though, they give an appearance that I like.

As for a pattern, I'm working on that. The trick is that with a motif like this it's not easy to set it up for different foot sizes. I thought that working the motif twice would be the right size for my foot before starting the heel but I found that not to be the case. I also have to figure out what I need to do for my high instep and the leg. So I'll be looking at different motifs so that the pattern can be written up for several foot sizes.

No comments: