Friday, December 16, 2005

The slippers may look lumpy, but my feet will be warm. Another project done, this time a pair of slipper socks for me done in Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran Tweed. I just love the FiberTrends House Socks pattern. This is pair number 3 done using that pattern, this time without the long cuff. The cold penetrates the house with the dry east wind blowing so warm toes are a must. I've been nursing a head cold these last few days, providing me an opportunity to get some knitting done.

Ted, a friend of mine, emailed me to see if I'd be interested in having some hand-dyed Kroy 4 ply yarn. I thought, 'What the heck; I'll figure out something to do with it', so said "Yes." It had been wound up on a die, so it came to me like a vorpal floppy pair of flowers made up of yarn tied in neat figure-8 knots. I didn't get pictures of the flowers but I did get one of the yarn after I succeeded in winding them into balls then rewinding them so that they'd retain their bounce. The two balls are different colorways so they won't match as socks, but I thought it would be good yarn for making striped doll bodies. I've had in the back of my mind the idea of making a SockGoddess and Anti-SockGoddess pair of figures. These can go on the SockGoddess. The idea started last year around this time--it's still on my to-do list. Let's see if I can make it happen this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey ! Glad you got the yarn wound into balls. Was it as much of a PITA as I feared it would be?

Look forward to seeing what you do with it.