Saturday, December 03, 2005

It was a grey damp day in the River City.......

A good day to knit!

It had been a couple of weeks since I last visited my favorite yarn shop so I had to bring the basket of Christmas projects to show and tell. While I was there I worked on the first of the last pair of mittens on my Christmas project list. These are for the third grandnephew, the elder brother of the twins I will be visiting. He's six, so the stripes will be very fun. While I was there I picked up different yarn for my brother's hat (the LAST project, HAH!!) because I didn't like how the Sisik was working out for the Aran hat. I have other Sisik skeins; they'll be put to use as it's nummy yarn.

While I was there, one of the teachers brought in a bag of yarn from Cottage Craft Ltd that her mother-in-law had purchased as a kit for a cardigan. The kit appeared to be from the late seventies but the color was a marvelous light teal. We hunted for Cottage Craft on the web and were happy to see they are still in business and creating great kits at very reasonable prices.

Another regular brought in a scarf she had done in Heirloom Picasso, a yarn dyed in the fashion of Noro Kureyon or SouthWest Trading Co's Karaoke . She found the pattern here; it only took one skein of the Picasso and came out just marvelously! A word to those who print it out: either switch your print setting to Landscape or do a "Select All" and paste it to a Word or similar formatted text document. Otherwise the picture gets clipped short.

75 days to go before I fly to NYC to sing at Carnegie Hall!!!!!! Am I excited? Ya betcha sweet bippie I am! I'm planning a gathering of fellow knitters at a location in NYC for February 19th, 2006, so keep your eyes on this space for more info.

No comments: