Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I never had a Barbie knitter when I was little, but I've had a yen for a similar knitter. So when I saw these at a local craft store, I knew I had found a new fiber toy. Not that I want to make foofy scarves. Rather I'd make caps for the patients at Providence St Vincent Medical Center's Neonatal and Perinatal ICU units with some of the donated yarn I've received. But if you want to make a foofy scarf, you can because it comes with two skeins of eyelash.
The swatch here is my first attempt. A little rough but with practice I'll be cranking out caps like a mad thing. One yarn I'll try is Cascade Fixation, which with its cotton content would be very gentle on preemie skin.
But if you think I'm just sitting here playing with toys, here's the last Christmas project coming along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a nifty gadget. I might have to keep my eyes open for one.