Friday, March 27, 2009

Waiting

Is the week over? It's Friday? I never thought this weekend would arrive. Not that I'm going to be doing anything super swell and fun though part of the weekend I will. I was able to borrow a drum carder from one of my spinning buddies so will be working on prepping up the Columbia and the Lincoln fleeces into batts for spinning. I may do some blending experiments too to see what I can come up with. I have some bits and pieces of exotics I'd like to blend in with some wools. But Sunday will be spent on a liquid diet followed by prepping for a colonoscopy to be done on Monday. It's not a routine one either, so I'll be glad to get it over with. Last Sunday was more fun, meeting up with Dan and going to see Slumdog Millionaire. The images of all the colorful fabrics stay in my mind.

The secret project is done and will be heading out tomorrow to its intended recipient. I'll be able to tell more about it as soon as she gets it, so you just have to wait. I know I know, it's hard. In the meantime, I've dug up some yarn Ted gave me a couple of years ago that I had originally started knitting up Rose of England but ripped it all out when I stopped knitting it and found when I came back that I had stopped in the middle of the round and had no idea where I was in the repeats. This time I'm doing a simple triangular shawl with stripes of handdyed Page Mill Farms sock yarn inserted in it. I'd be doing the QAL except at work during breaks and lunch I'm often in conversation with friends, so this shawl, done in garter stitch, is just the right kind of project that keeps me occupied. The light was lousy for pics today; I'll try to get some up later because the two yarns complement each other so well.

3 comments:

roxie said...

Best of luck with your test. Just close your eyes and think of England. And take a shawl into the examining room with you. They keep those places cold as a meat-locker and put you in that thin paper dress, then tell you to relax. As if! Cuddlling a soft warm shawl around your shoulders is like wearing a hug and carrying a teddy bear, all at the same time.

Bobbie Wallace said...

I'm working on Monday but will have my cell with me all day. You have numbers for ToolMan and me. Call if you need us. Really, I mean it!

Sharon said...

Yikes! Colonoscopy = no fun, even when it's completely routine, so I'm thinking about ya and hope all is well.