Thursday, January 17, 2008

New necessities

A milestone has been passed. I got my first bifocals. I'm glad I was able to find lenses large enough to make them stylish. So far I'm getting used to them but then I just got them in the mail a couple of hours ago. We'll see how I fare tonight while I watch the idiot box and work on a project.

Another tool has been acquired to try to outwit the tendonitis troll. This is a tablet mouse that I now use at home instead of a regular mouse. The stylus has a point that acts as the left click button. The side button is the right click button. It's been very easy to use and recommend it to my fellow knitters who do a lot of computer or similar work with their hands. Since getting it I have not had any issues with my hands falling asleep while I'm sleeping or tingling in my arms. My thumb and forefinger on my right hand for a while were getting numb but that has gone away. Whee!

This weekend, a group of knitters is descending from the murk of Seattle to do a yarn crawl through some of the shops in downtown Portland. Members of the PDX Knitbloggers will be accompanying them, guiding them to sights and good eats. So if you're in the Pearl District and see a gaggle of chatting women with purpose in their faces, it's best you move aside. We want to see yarn! (I for one will be stationed at Dublin Bay).

5 comments:

M-H said...

knit/purl.... droool...

Bobbie Wallace said...

Pretty snazzy specs you got there, girlie! Let me know how you like the tablet mouse; ToolMan's been eyeing one lately (he does a lot of Photoshop art when the garage is too cold). See you Saturday!

DB said...

That tablet mouse looks interesting... I may have to go find one to play with.

In regards to the tendonitis... have you a good massage therapist? A good one can help, especially with the numbness and tingling problems.

Shelly said...

I just got bifocals, well, trifocals, last week. I'm trying to like them, I'm really trying...Good luck!

Sharon Rose said...

Love the specs! Very "sexy librarian." Did you ever see my acupuncture buddy in Portland? She can help with your tendonitis.