Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday Monday

After a weekend of encouraging a newbie knitter and enjoying the company of my fellow singers, I didn't relish returning to work. Fortunately I had other things to keep my mind busy, such as what was I going to do with the time between starting up on the Ethnic Knitting Norwegian Sweater KAL and now?

I have a pair of gloves in Louet Gems that are nearly completed.

I have a steering wheel cover on the needles. Yes, a steering wheel cover. In Berroco Suede. The gold of the cover goes with my leather seats. You can find it in Debbie Stoller's "Son of Stitch n Bitch"

I have Mystery Roving on the Louet.

So in the span of less than 24 hours I get two emails that will add a couple of projects. They're paid projects so the other stuff goes on hold when the projects arrive. In the meantime I have to decide which will I finish first: the gloves or the cover? I like the gloves but they slide on the steering wheel. I like the cover but it doesn't keep my hands warm.

Dang.

The Band Meme

Cindy of Knit For Joy tagged me for this one. I found it a lot of fun. I've played with imaginary band names and drawn album covers for them so doing this one was going back to old pleasures.

You are about to have your own band's CD cover. Follow these directions to the letter. It's fun and requires no thought at all. Go to......

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random The first article title on the page is the name of your band.

2. http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3 The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.

3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/ The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover. if it will allow you to copy and paste it

Use your graphics program of choice to throw them together, and post the result as a comment in this post. Also, pass it along on your own blog, because it’s more amusing that way.

I think my band is a college band into a different groove from the usual genres. Think REM or early Elvis Costello. I for one would love a band named War Kittens, derived from the current CapitalOne campaign that features evil scientists creating vast armies for conquering the world and the last thing they need to do is design their card. Watch for the guy in the bright red padded suit with the cyborg minion beside him. Makes me giggle every time.