Friday, September 18, 2009

The little things

In our lives we pretty much go on autopilot. Then things happen and we have to shift gears and try to handle things as best we can. Crises occur and we hope things go right, but sometimes they go wrong. Case in point is a lady who was going to visit her mother, who has been in the hospital for some time. She's traveled from out of state. Just as she's about to get to the hospital her car breaks down. Someone helps her push the car to the side, but the parking in the area is restricted to only a couple of hours. Will she be able to get help before she gets a parking ticket?

We don't know the end of the story, but we do know that in one way the outcome will be good. This happened in front of the office building I work in and houses the administration of the company I work for. While I was having breakfast, one of the cooks of the cafe told the CEO of this situation. She was going to write a note and post it on the car to ask the parking patrol to not give the lady a ticket. The CEO took out his wallet and gave the cook his business card and told her to attach the card to the note. The parking patrol makes frequent passes in our neighborhood so the chances of the lady getting a ticket are pretty high. I have a feeling that if she does get one it will be taken care of.

This is one of the reasons I love the company I work for. This is not an unusual event. The people of this company do this all the time for each other, for others, and for the community. I don't talk about the company here because we deal with a lot of confidential information, but I'm glad to be able to share this with you.

I have a busy weekend ahead and expect to get a bunch more spinning completed. The modem will be purchased and winging its way to me. I've joined the Spin Your Stash group on Ravelry -- we'll see how much of my stash I'll have spun up by the spring equinox. Onward and upward!

No comments: