Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A lovely holiday

I had a very pleasant visit with my brother Grant, his wife Yvonne, their eldest daughter Andrea and her three boys who are 9 and 6 year old twins. They had a little snow in Spokane on Friday, adding to the festivities. We ate, played games, ate, watched movies, ate, talked, and ate. The boys were good -- no crying or fighting -- and the atmosphere was congenial. Capped with flights to and from that were not crowded (I flew on Thanksgiving day and early Sunday morning), it was indeed a great holiday.

While in Spokane, Grant and I went to Paradise Fibers where I showed him the different spinning wheels and how they worked. I asked him if he would make me a spinning wheel, but with his busy schedule nowadays he didn't promise that it would get done right away. He was intrigued however by how they were built and thinks he can do one. So I'll get him some plans and the hardware and see how it goes. It may take a couple of years, but it will be a personally built wheel. I'm thinking a Norwegian style similar to the Kromski Polonaise.

Not much going on in knitting. The busy time of the year is starting up so I'm looking at other fiber projects. I'm going to take a gander at needle felting for my next round of gifts. It'll be interesting.

No comments: