Sunday, May 18, 2008

By popular demand

It's been a while since the Yarn Harlot came to Portland but I keep getting requests for the lyrics for the song I sang for her at the Oregon Forestry Center. Here is the video:

Yarn Harlot Serenade from akimbo on Vimeo. And here are the lyrics.

(To "My Little Deuce Coupe")

It's a travelin' sock. You don' know what I got.

You'll see me walkin' down any ole street

With my open toe Birkies on my fancy feet

Fingers are a'flyin' on my dpn's

I'll end up with a sock when I get to the end.

It's my travelin' sock. You don' know what I got.

It's knitted real fine out of STR

The colorway matches with the sweaters I wear

I did the heel flap gusset and a springy cast on

And all my friends say that they are the bomb

It's my travelin' sock. You don't know what I got.

It's been to Nashville, Charlotte, and Atlanta Gee Aay

I always have it with me wherever I stay.

And if that ain't enough for you to flip your lid,

I get people posin' with it for my weblog, Daddy.

And when I lay down in my bed at night,

I think of all those stitches all neat and tight.

I think of all the joy it gives while I'm having fun,

And fancy new socks I'll have when I am done.

It's my travelin' sock. You don't know what I got.

It's my travelin' sock. You don't know what I got.

1 comment:

Bobbie Wallace said...

They say that life is full of "moments". And, baby, that was ONE!