Sunday, April 01, 2007

Insert title here

For this April Fools Day, I thought I'd write something amusing or pointed about the issue of seriousness. But nothing is coming out right, so I'll spare you. Whatever you do, spend the day or next few days being silly. Everyone can use a laugh.

I finished the Helmet liner for my nephew Chris currently stationed in Iraq. Now to get an address for sending it to him. The address I have isn't good and the Army isn't being very helpful. Miss Margaret says it reminds her of her days as a Resistance fighter in the back halls of Vogue.

Robert's socks are coming along. I had to test the sock on his foot first to make sure it wasn't too long. He's all excited, wanting them for playing golf. He told me he just wanted a short cuff, which made me very happy. I don't mind knitting the foot part; it's the ribbing that makes me balk at socks. I'll most likely do a K1P1 rib as my K2P2 rib doesn't have the same elasticity and K1P1 rib has a better rhythm for mindless knitting.

Aunties In Stitches update

I worked on a Baby Surprise Jacket this week as a display model to promote the Aunties In Stitches project of knitting squares for the Baby Shower project hosted by the Oregon Dept of Human Services and the Soroptimist Clubs. If you've never seen this jacket in progress or knitted it and like a puzzle, check it out. There's a new version of it in the Spring 2007 Vogue Knitting that I'm going to try out.

In the meantime, Abundant Yarn & Dyeworks has agreed to promote and take in squares for the Baby Blanket Square project. These are 9 inch squares in washable yarn either knitted or crocheted that will be put together into baby blankets. The first deadline for squares is April 20th, but if you can't make it for that date, don't fret. This is a project that will be going on all year. Drop off or mail finished squares to Abundant Yarn. At a loss for a pattern? Any washcloth pattern knitted into a 9 inch square will be acceptable.

No comments: