Monday, January 30, 2006

It's hard to believe that February 2006 starts tomorrow. In 17 days I will be flying east to New York City to rehearse for the performance at Carnegie Hall. Yet I feel totally unprepared. I've looked at my music a few times but not really put a lot of effort into it. I've done all this fundraising and been able to pay my way thanks to the generosity of family and friends. Richard Feynman the Nobel Prize physicist who was known more for his quirks than for his physics said that for him the adventure of getting somewhere was more important than getting there at all. In a way I agree with him. There's something to be said about setting a goal and trying your damndest to reach that goal with the faith that you're going to do it. I don't feel panicky. I don't even feel--well, excited. I feel more excited about doing the Knitting Olympics. Maybe it's my Gemini self just being bored. "Oh yeah I've been doing this planning and all that for a year; it's time for something new." I'll get out of it. At least I hope so.
I had my first allergist appointment and found out I'm allergic to not only grasses, some trees, and dust mites but also to cats. After 43 years of some sort of cohabitation with the feline persuasion and my worst fear is realized. Fortunately I do have the option of getting allergy shots. I'm not giving up on my kids. They and I will just have to learn to sleep in separate rooms. Tonight's the first night. Wish me luck. I go in for more testing in two weeks, the Monday before I leave for NYC. We'll see what other things I'm allergic to.
I had to find more yarn for the Tasha Tudor shawl. I won't have enough for the border so I had to resort to finding a substitute for the bottom two sides. I found the Sirdar Chunky in blue/cream which will complement the cream of the shawl. We'll see how it turns out. I'm still on the top edge bindoff with a good couple of feet to go but it's turning out very pretty.

No comments: