Saturday, July 08, 2006

Sigh of relief

This morning after I was coherent enough to be able to count stitches, I checked out the work I had done in the wee hours and all went well. The Rose Trellis is now on a live row with the correct number of stitches. First thing I did after that was fix the chart so that I don't make that mistake again. We'll see what happens when the next repeat of the chart comes up.

When I was in Hawaii, I finished a pair of socks in Interlacements Toasty Toes Submarine colorway and started a new pair in Rowan 4 ply merino. This time, I wanted to work a texture pattern on solid color socks, so I chose basketweave stitch to use on the instep and the cuff. This shows the patch toe that I used for starting the sock. They were handy to have on hand while I was at the annual Suds o'Summer my friends Cathy and Bruce hold to celebrate Bruce's birthday. They never fail to start a conversation.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So pretty!
I still have yet, and may never get used to the toe up style sock, but I love the color and pattern of these.
Glad you had a great time away and glad to see you're hittin' the dp's again

Brooklynne Michelle said...

these are sooooo pretty one of my new favorite leg patterns for socks is the basketweave rib looks pretty and is functional too....

this looks sooo much different than how mine looks tho...

Brooklynne