Monday, May 29, 2006

Heebie jeebies

I don't know what has come over me. I love making lace. I've picked up some lovely lace yarns like this and this. I've found some wonderful patterns like this , this, this and this. I've done shawls and figurines and scarves. What is stopping me from starting a lace shawl?

I finished the Rubbah Slippah Mystery and Zora needs half a leg, hair, and embellishments to be completed. I'd work on Zora except it's making my hands hurt so something that is easy on my hands is perfect. Like lace. But I'm having a heck of a time deciding what I want to do and getting started.

I could do a doily. That would satisfy my urging. But which one? There are so many to choose from. I could do one of the patterns (I'm leaning toward the Rose Trellis in the Blue Heron cotton), just to practice the pattern.

Or I could just work on the commission I picked up for doing this baby cardi.

While I'm thinking about it, I can work on the toothbrush bag I've been wanting to have for the office. It's going to be a cylinder with a zipper made from kitchen cotton for storing my dental tools. Something simple that should be in every desk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bite the bullet, hon. Knit a shawl.