Monday, April 17, 2006

Sucked in by Mel's Meme

My email buddy Mel, aka Cabezalana, is a veterinarian and fiber freak (no order). As I was reading his blog, I came upon a Wikipedia meme he's propagating that I found fascinating. It appealed to my ego (stroke, stroke) because it is about historical events that occurred on one's birthday. What you do is go to Wikipedia, look up your birthday (day and month only), then post the following items:

-- Three interesting historical events that happened on your birthday.

-- Three people who were born on your birthday.

-- Three people who died on your birthday.

It was hard to narrow it down to three for each for me, but these are the events, births, and deaths that occurred on June 15th.

Events

1. In 1215, King John of England affixed his seal on the Magna Carta.
2. In 1752, Benjamin Franklin proved that lightning is electricity.
3. In 1846, the Oregon Treaty establishes the 49th parallel as the border between the US and Canada from the Rocky Mountains to the Straits of Juan de Fuca.

Births

1. 1330 -- Edward the Black Prince, Prince of Wales.
2. 1843 -- Edvard Grieg, Norwegian composer
3. 1917 -- Lash LaRue, American actor
4. 1932 -- Mario Cuomo, Governor of New York
5. 1937 -- Waylon Jennings, American singer (and more)

Deaths

1. 1381 -- Wat Tyler, English rebel
2. 1849 -- James Knox Polk, US President
3. 1968 -- Sam Crawford, baseball player
4. 1996 -- Ella Fitzgerald, American singer

Knitting Content

I added more rows to the Traveling Vine Scarf today and made it to the shop to pick up yarn for the RSM. Boy it's hard to find the right yarn that just says, "Yep, I'm meant to be the RSM." Will it do what I want it to do? Will another yarn work for making a piece for the RSM using a classic pattern only with much tinier yarn than the original calls for? Will I drive Alicia and Norma insane? HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!! Two more months, my pretties!!!!

No comments: