Wednesday, August 05, 2009

One more day

I've been excited about various things in my life. Christmas as a kid. Going to Hawaii. Knit camp in Vermont. I don't know if this is the most excited I've ever been about an event but it ranks up there.

Sock Summit 2009 starts tomorrow.

I've arranged to have all four days off from work. I'm doing volunteer stints just about each day. I have classes with Anna Zilboorg and Priscilla Gibson-Roberts. I'm there with just about all of my knitting buddies in Portland and a number of my cyberfriends from other locations. I don't have to pay for a hotel or airfare to be there -- I get to sleep in my own bed! The media has been talking about it. It's estimated there will be around 3000 people there. I'm thinking there will be more based on all the chatter on the Ravelry forums, the registration response (36,000 hits in less than an hour I believe), and just the general excitement in the knitting community in general. It is a tour de force that Tina and Steph have assembled at the Portland Convention Center.

Tonight I go to registration and pick up my packet. I have a sock toe I need to knit for my Turkish Stitches class (I have red yarn that will be perfect for the background; now to pick the variegated -- decisions! decisions!). I need to decide which straight needles and yarn to use for the World Record attempt. I'll have to put together a day pack for toting to the Summit since I'll be spinning as well as knitting there.

Wooeee!!

No comments: