Sunday, September 24, 2006

Gimme shelter

I'm a quarter of the way through the Shelter Shawl. I'm in the easy section (knit like the wind, adding a yarnover to create a spiral of increases). The edging will be more detailed. I have a couple of edgings in mind that will be harmonious with the design. One is the Beech Leaf edging; the other is Godmother's edging. I haven't decided which I'll put on, but it will be challenging to get it done.

Sock Wars yarn

And the winner is NeedleGirl! I'm going to take up her offer of making a pair of socks for her for handspun and a ride in one of the taxis. Squeal!

Coming up: my experiences of the Oregon Flock & Fiber Fest. I dare you to get drunk and say that five times without making it sound dirty.

1 comment:

Sharon Rose said...

Wooo Hooooo!!!!!
*dancing about in an extremely silly fashion*

Thank you!!! I may actually be in Portland this weekend. I'll call if I am! RE: the homespun: I have a skein of Shabbit I haven't dyed yet. If you want it, give me a color hint. I also have plenty of wool. :)

Sharon
Sock Wars Participants: 1 pr done, second (incomplete) pair on the way to me!