Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ahhhh

Portland finally got its thaw after two weeks of snow and ice. We got fourteen inches at the airport but other locations got much more around the city. The 21st was the beginning of the renewed dump of snow that ended up burying the city.

On Friday the thaw began and when I woke to head out to breakfast at the Burger Bar I was pleased to see this

Today my street looks like this. Nature shoveled my walk for me. Yay!

Yesterday I was able to get out without chains and saw the Portland Gay Men's Chorus's holiday concert. It was such a treat to be able to get out and hear great music. The chorus was missing a number of members because of the weather but they sounded wonderful. I was able to meet up with a few friends there as well so got a nice dose of Christmas cheer.

I started another project, this one to help keep my hands busy without putting too much strain on them. It's a lace curtain for the back door window to replace the tulle I currently have draped over it. It's made of Louet KidLin, a blend of kid mohair and linen, and will have some body to it with fluff to soften the edges. The pattern's a very simple one from the Barbara Walker Treasury. When it's long enough I'll add an edging that I have yet to pick out.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Ooh, pretty lace. I have some pale green Hempathy I got for a project I won't be doing. Maybe I can overdye it and have lovely lace curtains, too!