Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sing of Joy!

One of my goodies from Woodland Woolworks arrived today. Just in time for knitting night with the PDX Knitbloggers. I gave her a test run after doing some minor assembly and plenty of lubrication and she spins very nicely. I'll still do most of my work on the Louet but at least I can take Joy with me to knit night and to fiber festivals and on the plane to distant lands.

Sometimes when the evening falls I don't want to think too much while I'm doing some knitting. Blue Moon Fiber Arts put out a new colorway for the Doctors Without Borders during the Yarn Harlot's book signing. I like them -- helping people in need without politics. They're willing to go in where some agencies won't to help out the sick and injured. So I picked up a skein. I wasn't sure if I would like the colors but it's been nice mindless knitting and I'm liking the way that it's striping. They're not on BMFA's website yet but they will.

2 comments:

Zarah said...

Thanks for the KWB pic - I can't wait to start mine!

Jennie said...

Oh, it's an Ashford Joy. That took me an embarrassingly long time to get. Congrats on your very portable wheel!

I hope you're still flying high from your serenade of the Harlot. I'll see her Saturday!