Sunday, April 27, 2008

On a mission

A friend of mine who doesn't spin has a daughter who is interested in learning how to spin. When I told her I was making a trip to Woodland Woolworks she asked me to look for a handspindle and fiber for her. I came away with this spindle and 4 oz of Targhee. I think she will like this. I didn't get a tag for it but I know it's made by Sister Spinster and spins forever and ever and ever.... I came away with other things but I think I'll keep mum about those. Two items are on backorder and will be shipped directly to me.

For those of you who have been wondering how I'm doing on the Kauni sweater, I've been slowly working my way around. The fun part has been where to put the increases for this is a yoke sweater, not a raglan, so the increases needed to be placed evenly but not in the same places. To make sure I had, I placed markers at even distances and plotted the increase counts on my chart. This will help consolidate the pattern and increases without looking weird. They're dancing in the grass!

1 comment:

Bobbie Wallace said...

I love that the "paper dolls" have grass under their feet; what a happy accident!

I'm glad I checked over here before I published my post; I'll keep mum until after you blog about your purchases. ;)