Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Gearing up for the next few days

As I look over the next week and think of the things I need to do before I'm laid up, one joyful day of play shines over the hours of necessities. Saturday I'll be taking a class on Orenburg lace from Joan Schrouder. While I don't expect as thrilling an experience as Franklin's at Stitches Midwest in 2005 where he learned the process from Galina Khmeleva, I've had it from word of mouth that Joan's a very good teacher and expect to learn a lot from her. Besides, we're having class at a brewpub. What more could you ask for? It will take my mind from making sure I have all my supplies in, that I'll have a ride to the hospital at five in the omigod morning, and that my boss won't implode when something minor happens at the office and there isn't a procedure for it.

Friday's the meeting with the surgeons. I was excited in the beginning but now I'm starting to get a little anxious. What if I catch someone's cold in the interim? What if it ends up being a full blown hyst? Do I have everything covered for my absence? Are there bills I've forgotten only to rise up when I don't have the money?

As long as the cats don't use me for a trampoline, I'll be fine.

1 comment:

Big Alice said...

Have a great time in your class! I hope its a good one. Mmmm, beer.
And best of luck with the surgery, I hope it goes well and that you heal quickly.