Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It took 4 weeks this time

Recovery from surgery is not always a piece of cake, but I must say this round has been. Planning ahead and having a good surgical team helped immensely, but I have to say that since the advent of the Internet and my obsession love of knitting this recovery has been the best I've encountered. The first major surgery I had, knee surgery that released one side of my knee cap to allow it to lie correctly in the joint, was not this amusing after the second week. It gives me hope that when the time comes for me to move on from working full time to retiring that I'll be able to manage it well. For now, though, I'm feeling the urge to get back out into the world into a daily routine that involves social interaction and activity. I'm hearing things from work that make me want to be there for a couple hours at least to put out fires and check my email. Then I sit up and talk and laugh and my body says, "Hold up there, cowboy, you're not ready yet." Besides, I don't want to deal with month end quite yet and I have a sweater to finish.

No comments: