Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just because

Several bloggers have been doing this meme. Yarmando, my favorite sock minion, said to take it from his if I liked, so I did.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

Nineteen ninety-eight was a year where I felt sort of lost. I remember feeling disgusted with the attention of the Lewinsky scandal and elated with Mark McGwire's record hitting season. I was out but not really in the community. I wasn't singing or knitting; the only regular activity was going to a monthly potluck.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today? (not in any particular order)

-- Feed the cats -- Bring Robert's birthday present to work -- Do some dishes that were set soaking last night -- Make a reservation for the motel I'm staying at for my niece's wedding. -- Spend some time outside to talk with neighbors and enjoy the nice day.

3. Snacks I enjoy:

-- Cheetos Puffs (the super puffy kind, not the harder ones) -- Peanut M & Ms -- Dry roasted peanuts -- Honey nut Cheerios

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

-- Talk with Warren Buffett about money management and good sources for a money manager. -- Establish an education fund for music outside the schools. -- Establish a program that would provide child care and young child education for single parents. -- Sponsor fiber workshops that would be affordable and pay the teachers well. -- Set up a comfortable household that would be placed in a beautiful setting where I could have my friends.

5. Places I have lived:

-- Portland OR (4 different neighborhoods) -- McMinnville OR (college)

6. Peeps I want to know more about:

??? When I want to get to know someone I try to read their blog archives from the beginning. It gives me a better feeling for that person than reading their responses to a 5 question meme.

Sucked in by spinning

I went to the Black Sheep Gathering this last weekend with Susan and Gail. Mobility kept me from getting around to everything comfortably but it was a joy to see the wares at the vendors booths. This year I decided that I would look for different things instead of gravitating toward things that made me feel safe. This not only included different kinds of fibers but also different colorways that normally I would not touch. I came home with wools, mohair locks, a silk bell, angelina, suri alpaca and cotton (the last two courtesy of Susan who generously shared in her goodies). No Woolee Winder though. I couldn't swing it and get fiber. It wasn't the most cost effective way of getting fiber but I want to learn how different fibers spin up. Summertime is feeling more like spinning weather than knitting weather. And if nothing else it's giving my legs a good gentle workout.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I love it. You & me, we could definitely snack together. :)