Monday, December 24, 2007

Cookies

All sorts of treats have been showing up at my doorstep. Gingerbread and spritz, jam filled nibblies and fudge have shown their sweet faces to brighten my Christmas. It makes me want to dig up the box filled with cookie cutters and bake.
Mom had a fair number of cookie cutters on hand for the holidays. Besides the Santa mold cutter, we had gingerbread men, stars, moons, reindeer, animals, and all sorts of shapes. My sister Shirley has the Santa mold but I have a whole bunch of the others. In addition to the cutters from Mom's kitchen, I also have the cutters from my Aunt Mildren's kitchen. She had all sorts of animals (especially bunnies, for she collected rabbits) and shapes. She also had many candy molds for mints and chocolates. They fill a box the size of a large boot box so it's fun to dig them out and see how many kinds there are to choose from.

As you can see, they cover the card table. Most are at least 40 to 50 years old. Some are tin, some aluminum, a few plastic. A few are hand made. There were a few sets of shapes in graduating sizes and sets of seasonal types.

I know what the ax is for (Washington's Birthday) but what is the fish for? Lent?

Every baby shower should have baby feet to nibble.

Take a bite out of your favorite party.
My aunt collected rabbit figurines and such so it figured she'd have a large collection of rabbit cutters.

I want to know who gave her this one.

Plenty of gingerbread men and women to make and decorate.

You don't see many with this kind of detail. He's got to be at least 50 years old.

I have a few picked out for making gingerbread and sugar cookies. And of course I'll be test driving the Santa mold. Just for you Ted.

1 comment:

Bobbie Wallace said...

OMG! Those are fabulous! You should get them out next year and hang them on your tree with gingham ribbons. And bubble lights. Vintage christmas tree decorations; just think of the nostalgia!