Monday, March 16, 2009

Surprise!

Today I came home to a box on the porch. A little one. One I have been waiting for from a very special person.

Back in January I received an invitation to the second Fiber to Scarf project hosted by Ted Myatt. This year I sent off 8 oz. of StitchJones' Anjelica BFL roving into the ether, albeit reluctantly because the colors were so nummy. I got my fiber and it's spun and currently on the needles, so I didn't expect a response for a few months. Imagine my surprise when I get an email from Queer Joe saying that he's the one who got the roving.

I'm an avid reader of QueerJoe's blog and knew he had participated in last year's F2S. So when he wrote that he was busy spinning and knitting a secret project I suspected he was doing it again. So I emailed him a teaser for one of the conditions for participation is that you don't blog about the project. Secret project indeed. Yes he was working on it and was enjoying it so much that he was nearly finished. Then not long after that he emailed me that he was my fiber recipient and the scarf was done. If you've seen his work, you'd understand my joy. His lace knitting is exquisite and his designwork fabulous.

I give you QueerJoe's Anjelica scarf.

To add to the fun he tucked in a bag (just the right size for a spinning project or socks) filled with tools, the remaining yarn from the scarf, a dpn case, and a jigsaw puzzle magnet with a sheep. More than what I expected, which adds frosting to this wonderful cake.

Thank you Joe for the wonderful scarf and goodies. And thank you again Ted for hosting this fun event. I better get cooking on mine!

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Hooray! I am so glad you received the package, and the scarf is just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Duffy made it easy for me...the fiber she sent was lustrous and had a soft crimp that lasted throughout the entire spinning and knitting process.

StitchJones' dye-job was just gorgeous, so my only problem was making sure I didn't muddy up her good work.

Glad it made it's way safely to your side of the country.

JoVE said...

Beautiful. And I can see why you didn't want to send off the fibre. The colours are gorgeous. Great design and knitting work, Joe.

Lisa/knitnzu said...

Hey Duffy! I found you from Joe's blog. What a great package you got! Lucky you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog thru Queer Joe's. That scarf is gorgeous -- absolutely breathtaking. Enjoy!
Annie from NY

roxie said...

Beeeyoooteefoool!

Anonymous said...

That is just so beautiful!

Sue said...

How gorgeous, the scarf pattern is wonderful, and the colours are so yummy!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a beautiful scarf! (I found you through Queer Joe's blog as well!)